Lincoln Park parking lot and others set to re-open Oct 19
The Lincoln Park parking lots, both north and south lots, closed due to the pandemic to limit social gatherings are set to re-open by Oct. 19.
The West Seattle Stadium parking lot remains open.
The parking lot at the Don Armeni Boat Launch remains open but only for vehicles with boat trailers.
The Golden Gardens South lot is OPEN (just north of boat launch parking lot) The remainder of the lots will reopen by Oct. 19. Note the Off Leash Area has ADA parking ONLY.
SPR and SPD will continue to deploy staff to encourage social distancing at highly frequented parks.
As a reminder, all Seattle beaches are also closed to gatherings, and Rattlesnake Lake Recreation Area and Rattlesnake Ledge Trail are closed.
Seattle Parks and Recreation continues to ask community members to:
- Use social distancing: the most effective tool we have to slow the spread of COVID-19 is social distancing. We are asking people to abide by social distancing guidelines in Seattle Parks.
- Visit parks closer to home, and avoid popular parks: If you have to get in the car, it’s too far. Help keep down crowds by visiting parks closer to home or taking a walk in your neighborhood.
- Visit larger parks during early morning hours: Many parks open at 4:30am or 6am. Visiting them early in the morning will help keep crowds down throughout the day.
- Do not access off limits equipment or areas: Seattle and King County have closed all play areas and other high touch areas such as picnic shelters, tables, and outdoor exercise equipment.
- Do not congregate in parks: Do not gather. Do not BBQ. Do not play soccer or softball with those outside of your household. Do not play basketball with those outside of your household.
- Six feet for activities: Hiking, biking, walking are all great ways to enjoy parks right now, just remember to give a wide berth to your fellow residents.