Apartment fire on 24th NW results in $170,000 loss to building and contents; No one hurt in blaze
An early morning fire in apartments at 6724 24th Ave NW 3:56 a.m. on February 28, drew a heavy response from the Seattle Fire Department.
According to SFD, Engine 18 was the first to arrive and reported flames visible from the apartment. Crews quickly put water on the fire to keep it from spreading to other apartments and the fire was extinguished within 30 minutes. Residents had managed to get out of the building before crews arrived.
Three adult females were displaced by the damage and Red Cross was requested to get them shelter.
The fire was ruled accidental due to an unattended candle. It is recommended to use flame-less candles as a safer option. The estimated loss to the structure was $120,000 and $50,000 to contents.