Spray parks, pools and wading pools are a great way to cool off in summer heat.
File photo by Patrick Robinson
Information from District 1 City Councilmember Lisa Herbold
With temperatures soaring, we’re hearing from more of you about enjoying our beloved neighborhood parks. Here are some Seattle Parks & Recreation (Parks) updates for you.
- There is a national lifeguard shortage, and Parks is working hard to recruit, train, and hire more lifeguards and wading pool attendants so we can return to full operational hours. Please share SPR’s lifeguard job opportunities with your networks.
- Alki Beach will close an hour earlier, at 10:30pm, from May 26th – September 4th. The shortened hours will address dangerous or illegal behavior typical of summer evenings, in response to public input and nearby community complaints. Learn more and provide input here.
- Parks just announced its 2023 Summer Pool, Spraypark, and Beach Schedules. D1 schedules are below, and you can find the entire City schedule here.
- Colman Pool, at 8603 Fauntleroy Way SW, 206-684-7494, will operate daily from Saturday, June 24 through Monday, September 4. The full schedule will be posted here. The pool will be closed July 6 through 8 and July 14 and 15 for swim meets.
- Southwest Pool, 2801 SW Thistle St. (limited summer operations)
Spray Parks* are open May 27th through September 4th. The Highland Park spray park will be open from 11am to 8pm daily.
Wading Pools* are open on sunny days when the temperature is forecast to be at least 70 degrees.
*Spraypark and wading pool schedules are subject to change (due to weather or damage to the facilities). Check back here for details or follow the SPR Wading Pool Facebook page.
|Delridge Community Center
||4501 Delridge Way SW
||June 28 – Aug 18
||Noon – 5:30pm
|E.C. Hughes Playground
||2805 SW Holden Street
||June 26 – Aug 20
||Noon – 7pm
|Hiawatha Community Center
||2700 California Avenue SW
||June 29 – Aug 19
||Noon – 6:30pm
||8600 Fauntleroy Way SW
||June 24 – Sept 4
||Noon - 7pm
|South Park Community Center
||8319 8thAvenue South
||June 26 – Aug 16
||Noon - 7pm