Keep your batteries handy and be prepared if your power goes out. The National Weather Service issued a Special Weather Statement today noting that winds of 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50mph are coming tonight.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM PST SATURDAY...
* WHAT...South winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected.
* WHERE...Tacoma Area, Bellevue and Vicinity, East Puget Sound Lowlands, Southwest Interior, Bremerton and Vicinity and Seattle and Vicinity.
* WHEN...Until 7 AM PST Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strongest winds are expected to be late this afternoon through this evening.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.