Pat's View: Don't go stir crazy! Get busy
by Patrick Robinson
If you are off work or staying home due to the coronavirus take this time to get things done.
This might go on for more than a month...or LONGER. No one alive today remembers the 1918 Flu Epidemic so, for all of us, this is an unprecedented event.
Here's a list of things to do to stay busy, stay positive and make a difference in the quality of your life.
- Clean out that junk drawer
- Organize the hall or front closet
- Get work done in the yard or start some plants from seed
- Take walks in your neighborhood or in the park (keep your distance)
- Get some home projects done like painting a room.
- Go through old books and make two stacks, Keep and give away. Take them to goodwill.
- Go through your clothes and set aside any you have not worn in more than a year or two. Take them to a donation location.
- Go through your computer to clear out old files and photos. Make a special folder for images you want to print and send out the order.
- Get some reading done or learn something online. Coursera.com or Udemy.com or https://www.simplilearn.com for example have some classes you can complete in a few hours or weeks.
- Go through your canned goods and take any you won’t eat to the foodbank.
- Listen to podcasts. There are thousands of them you can access through Tunein.com or Apple Podcasts or apps like Himalaya.
- Make some art.. Share it. People need to keep hearing and seeing positive things, beautiful things. It's how we help each other get through this.