Give Big Washinton coming up May 5-6; Annual fundraising event coming when the need is greater than ever
GiveBIG Washington is a fundraising event that starts with early giving on April 15 and culminates with a 48-hour public campaign on May 5-May 6.
In the time of a pandemic, more people are in need than ever before so your donation will have more impact, help more people and be the lifeline that so many peopl and organizations need.
Through GiveBIG, individuals, businesses, and organizations come together to invest in healing our communities. Support nonprofits providing food, shelter, health, and social services; fighting for a more just world; expanding our horizons through art and learning; and many more valued missions.
WHAT IS GIVEBIG WASHINGTON?
GiveBIG Washington is organized by 501 Commons, a 501c3 charitable organization. This event is open to IRS tax-exempt organizations serving and headquartered in Washington State. This year’s GiveBIG opens for early giving on April 15 and runs through GivingTuesdayNow and GiveBIG Day on May 5-6, 2020.
Through GiveBIG Washington nonprofits raise funds online and connect with new donors. In 2019, 20% of donors reported that they were making a first-time gift. 501 Commons, provides trainings, tools, and support so nonprofits of all sizes and missions are successful.
Because of GiveBIG nonprofits…
Engage supporters who reach out to their network of friends, family, and colleagues through customized FUNdraising Campaigns.
Benefit from a $500,000 marketing campaign, largely created through in-kind donations from our marketing partners.
Connect with people who want to volunteer.
WHO POWERS GIVEBIG WASHINGTON?
GiveBIG is powered by 501 Commons, a 501c3 tax-exempt charitable organization that provides 30+ services designed to amplify the strengths of nonprofits, including finance, HR, technology, data solutions, board development, planning, leadership development, and more. For more than 30 years, 501 Commons has been offering innovative solutions and expertise, working in partnership with the nonprofit community.
GiveBIG is made possible through collaboration with GivingTuesday, Encore Media Group, CiviCore, and the Ostara Group.
- GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
- Encore Media Group is a family-owned media and creative services company that connects businesses and brands with arts audiences and consumers in Seattle and the Bay Area. Encore publishes Encore Arts Programs for performing and presenting arts organizations; provides publishing and advertising sales services for magazines and periodicals, and creates integrated media and activation solutions for clients.
- CiviCore is our technology partner. For almost a decade, CiviCore's platform has helped to raise over $400 million for some of the largest giving days in the country. CiviCore celebrates successful Giving Days in Pittsburgh, New Orleans, St. Louis, Sacramento, Omaha, the state of Colorado, Dallas/North Texas, and many others.
- The Ostara Group, a Seattle-based fundraising consultancy, is providing consultation on fundraising resources, two fundraising webinars, and two in-person seminars in Seattle.
2020 GiveBIG Nonprofit Advisory Council
The GiveBIG Nonprofit Advisory Council (GiveBIG Council) provides a strong voice for nonprofits throughout the campaign. The Council is a group of nonprofit leaders and fundraising professionals with expertise in corporate partnerships, social media, peer-to-peer fundraising, and more. The Council provides thought partnership, community connections, and advice on media engagement, promotional strategies, and fundraising training services.
- Rachel Perry of Auburn Symphony Orchestra
- Kathy Ulrich of Communities in Schools of Renton-Tukwila
- Nate Jonhold of Easterseals Washington
- Bridget H. Ray of Na'ah Illahee Fund
- Mary Ann Lambert of New Beginnings
- Stacy Sage of Open Doors for Multicultural Families
- Tereza Marks of Pawsitive Alliance
- Wendy Armour of PSESD Learning Communities Foundation
- Rick Malley-Crawford of Recovery Café
- Shellie Willis of Redefining You Foundation
- Shelley Lawson of Seattle Area Feline Rescue
- Angelo Ignacio of Seattle Children's
- Kim Arent of The American Cancer Society
- Andrea Britt of The Hope Project
- Jaron Bernstein
- Carol Goertzel of Vashon Youth and Family Services
- Angela Chapman of Youth Eastside Services (YES)