Snow is delaying solid waste pick up week of 12/27/21
information from Seattle Public Utilities
Due to significant remaining snow and ice on residential streets in Seattle, solid waste collections will not be able to Due to remaining ice and snow, there will be no residential garbage, recycling, or food/yard waste pickup in Seattle on Wednesday, December 29. Commercial & multifamily collections will resume on 12/29. Transfer stations and Hazardous Waste drop-off remain open with normal hours.
Collection schedules should resume as follows:
- Monday (12/27) residential customers will be collected Monday (1/3).
- Tuesday (12/28) residential customers will be collected Tuesday (1/4).
- *Wednesday (12/29) residential customers will be collected Thursday (12/30).
- *Thursday (12/30) residential customers will be collected Friday (12/31).
- Friday (12/31) residential customers will be collected Friday (1/7) due to the holiday on 1/1.
*Both Wednesday & Thursday collections will be as conditions allow.
Customers missed this week will be allowed to set out double their normal amount of garbage, recycling, and yard waste at no additional charge, on their next scheduled collection day. For daily service updates, please check back here or follow SPU on Twitter.
In the event of snow and/or ice, City emergency planners urge residents to prepare their homes for cold weather, build emergency supply kits for homes and vehicles, and not to drive unnecessarily. Additionally, for up-to-date information pertaining to impacts in the City of Seattle, please sign up for alerts at Alert.Seattle.gov.